Thanksgiving Meat loaf
Updated: Dec 14, 2019
Hello my friends! If you are looking for a different food alternative for this Thanksgiving day I have the perfect recipe for you. So in the past days I was telling my husband that I wanted something different. Every year we end buying a Tofurky lol! And is good believe me is a good product. But I wanted something different for this year so I developed this recipe that I hope you like it as much as I do!
1 cup dry Green lentils
1 cup oatmeal
2 cups mini Portobello mushrooms
1 organic can of Garbanzo beans
1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Vegan chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon of egg replacer (mine is from Red mills)
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 yellow onion
2 or 3 teaspoon of organic Tomato paste
1 green bell pepper
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1/3 cup of water
1teaspoon of oregano
For the sauce :
1/4 cup organic ketchup
1/4 cup organic and Vegan Worcestershire
1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of Frank's hot sauce
2 tablespoon of water
2 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar from Bragg's
Add all these ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
1. Cook your lentils with a little bit of salt as package instructions, once they are ready set aside.
2. While you are cooking your lentils cut your mushrooms and mashed the Garbanzo beans, for this you can use a fork or a potato masher.
3. Once your lentils are ready mashed them
4. Pre heat your skillet and saute your garlic, onions and peppers until fragrant. Maybe for about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the cooked lentils, Garbanzo beans, mushrooms, oatmeal, water and the egg replacer to a big bowl and mix very well.
6. Transfer everything to the skillet, if you need to add a little bit more water you can but not too much, add the tomato paste and the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes. Mix everything together.
7. Transfer your meat loaf mix to a baking pan use parchment paper. I used a 9 x 4 inches approximately, is the baking pan that I use for a regular poundcake. With a cooking brush add sauce on top just a little bit and reserved the rest of the sauce to add on top when ready.
Preheat oven at 375 Press mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake 30 minutes. If you like this recipe let me know, add a comment and use my hashtag #veganndelicious on your social media!
Let it sit a for a few minutes or prep it a day in advance and reheat the day of serving.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!