Mushrooms and Lentils rice in one pot
This rice was prepared in the Instant Pot and is oil free! The Instant pot saves time and develop better flavors on less time.
1/3 cup Lentils
1 Dice yellow Onion
3 or 4 cloves of garlic
1 cup Basmati rice
1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
2 cups of water
2 teaspoons of Vegetable bullion to taste( you can add more to taste if you need)
1 Roasted red pepper (I used one from a jar)
1. For the vegetable bullion you can substitute with Low sodium soy sauce or Herbamare.
2. To sauteed the onions and garlic you can use 1 or 2 tablespoons of vegan butter, I used liquid it can be a little bit of vegetable broth or just water.
Do not substitute the rice, because the amount of water is to use with Basmati rice.
1. Turn on your IP in Sauté, add your onions and garlic and a little bit of liquid to sauté. If the liquid evaporates add more until is fragant.
2. Add your mushrooms and vegetable bullion stir.
3. Add the rest of ingredients to your IP, give a good stir, adjust your flavors and change your IP to Pressure cook in high for 8 minutes. Then use the Natural pressure release. The NPR can take between 10 to 15 minutes. After that open carefully stir your rice and serve.
Tips to serve:
I served my rice with avocado slices and caramelized onions! Optional but highly recommended. You can find the recipe for the caramelized onions here!
Please tag me in social media as #veganndelicious. Left me a comment if you like my recipe!