How to survive during the Covid-19 Quarantine
These are things that probably you heard before:
1.Consider working from home
2.Talk to your relatives about how to take care of each other in case of an emergency
3. Do a search or investigate how to do a Grocery Shopping without going out of your home. One App that I love is Instacard and I like this one because your have the option to buy in different places like Aldi, Costco, CVS pharmacy and others. Another option is Amazon Shopping or if you live in US and have a Kroger download the app or Whole foods Markets thru Amazon Prime.
4. Separate a room just in case you have to be isolated.
5. Food for at least 2 weeks or 30 days.
6. If you have to go out for food shopping make a list go out once a week to minimize the risk of getting the virus.
First don't panic experts suggest to have food for 2 weeks or 30 days at least.
Be sure that you have enough of:
* Grains like beans, black beans, chickpeas, rice, oatmeal etc...
* Proteins like Tempeh, Tofu
* Vegetables like Broccoli, Spinach, Kale it can be Organic Frozen vegetables bags if you are not able to have fresh or frozen vegetable you can buy canned vegetables.
* Fruits Oranges, Lemons, Frozen fruits
* Snacks- do not take refuge in sugar, chocolates, cookies or cakes. Instead of that eat popcorn, nuts, peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter.
* Cook in batches- a few good options are soups, chili or stew and rice.
* Food good for your Immune System: Bell peppers, Lemons, Oranges, Ginger, Turmeric why? Because they are high in vitamin C, legumes, nuts and vegetables are good too because they can contains zinc.
*Store your food in a dry cool and if possible a dark place.
*Open food boxes and others containers carefully so that they can be closed tightly after each use.
*Wrap perishable food in plastic bags and put them in airtight containers.
* Use jars to store fruits, vegetables sugar or coffee
*Verify that food is in good condition before consuming it
* Throw away canned cans that are swollen, damage or rusty.
* Put new foods in the back of your pantry and leaves the old ones in front.
Remember the information provided here in my page is just for informational purposes only. I hope this information can help you in some way. Left me a comment or your thoughts or if you need any other information or question let me know to do the research and help you.
Cindy from Vegan N' Delicious