German Mashed potatoes
There are so many variations of German mashed potatoes. Here is a simple version and I hope you like it! This is a portion for 1 or 2 people. It will depend if you are so hungry!
3 to 4 medium Yukon potatoes
1/2 small yellow onion
Chives (a few for garnish)
1/2 teaspoon of Vegetable bullion
1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
1 teaspoon of vegan mayo
1/2 to 1 teaspoon if vegan butter(I used 1/2 teaspoon because I don't like to cook with oil)
1 teaspoon White wine vinegar
2 slices of Tofurky Plant based deli slices I used Hickory smoked flavor(or you can substitute with vegan bacon)
Black pepper and mineral salt are optional
1. First cook potatoes in water until tender.
2. Cut your onion and tofurky ham slices.
3. In a large skillet on medium heat, start to brown them. Use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of vegan butter. This process is going to take like 10 minutes it will depends on how brown or golden you want the onions and deli slices
4. Pour off water and mash the potatoes.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix very well. Adjust the flavor if you need it.
Serve and garnish with chives!