Creamy Potatoes and vegetables soup
Is the perfect soup for a cold day! Is oil free and low sodium. I prepared the soup in my Instant pot. Why an Instant pot? I'm just going to give you only a few reasons. The first one cook's your food faster, because is seal like a pressure cooker and produce more flavor in less time, you can have a food in less than 20 minutes ( perfect for people with a full time job arriving at home hungry and tire) And the last one if you love One pot meals then an IP is perfect for you! You are going to love it!
However you can use a regular soup pot to prepare this recipe.
4 medium size potatoes
1/2 head of cauliflower
1 white onion
2 sticks of celery
1 teaspoon of dry parsley
1 or 2 carrots
2 teaspoon of all purpose flour (organic)
For sodium you can use 1 teaspoon of vegan vegetable bullion or 1 teaspoon of Herbamare that is low in sodium ( however if you need to adjust the sodium amount you can)
4 cloves of garlic
1 cup of Silk plain yogurt
1/2 cup of Nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon of smoke paprika
A dash of cayenne pepper (I always use a little bit more because I love spicy food. So is up to you!)
3 cups of filter water
Because we are using and IP just cut all the potatoes, carrots and cauliflower in small pieces. They don't have to be perfect because at the end we are going to blend the soup.
1. Set your Instant Pot using the Pressure cooker icon also set the time for 18 minutes.
2. Cut the potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic
3. Transfer all the ingredients to the Instant pot except the yogurt, the spinach and the Nutritional yeast.
4. Ok now that your soup is ready let's Release the pressure using/Quick Release valve to venting to quickly release any remaining pressure.
5. Open your IP very carefully and now add the Nutritional yeast and the yogurt.
6.With an immersion blender blend your soup. If you are like me and you prefer texture reserve some potatoes, carrots and celery apart.
If you do not have an immersion blender use any high speed blender as a Vitamix or Ninja etc...
7. Last step add a bunch of spinach and give a good stir.
Serve and enjoy!!