Coconut oatmeal cookies
Today I'm so happy! I donated Coconut oatmeal cookies to The Chilis on Wheels Chapter of Columbus. Chilis on wheels is a non profit organization that makes Veganism accessible to communities in need in Columbus Ohio. If you want to learn more visit their page in Facebook, this is the link and also you can donate.
1 cup Organic all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup Unsweetened Coconut flakes
A pinch of mineral salt (Himalayan salt)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup Turbinado
4 tsp rice milk(or you can use your fave Plant based milk)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tsp Maple syrup
1. First we are going to mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. We are going to beat the butter at room temperature with the sugar until it becomes creamy
3. Now is time to mix the dry ingredients with the sugar, Vanilla and Maple syrup, in this step you also add the 4 tsp of rice milk.
4. Mix everything with your hand, what we are looking is that this mixture is sticky, try to form a ball if you can't add a little bit of milk not too much. I just used 4 tsp of milk. After you form the ball press them and give them a round shape.
5. Preheat your oven at 350F degrees and cook for about 15 or 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and let them cool.